The chill in the air is a sign that winter is approaching! Are you done with your winterizing chores? Or do you still have a few things to do? Are you taking care of your HVAC system?
These are our top tips to prepare for winter weather.
- Although November to March is the most common season for heating in Knoxville, your AC unit will still benefit from clearing snow from its vents so that it can get proper airflow. This will prevent any corrosion or rust.
- Be extra careful if your outdoor unit has a heat pump. Your heat pump’s performance can be affected by snow accumulation or standing water.
- How long ago was the last time your heat pump vent was checked? You could have heat pump problems, including system failure if the exhaust is too high.
How can I protect my HVAC system during winter weather?
There are several ways to protect your HVAC system from winter damage. First, make sure you have your HVAC system serviced annually. Professionals can perform a thorough inspection to ensure you have no heating problems this winter.
You can also keep your HVAC system running at its peak efficiency by following these steps:
- Monitoring your exhaust pipes and outdoor unit.
- Cover your air conditioner.
- Regularly check/change the heat pump filter.
Finally, be aware of when to call for assistance. A professional HVAC contractor can assist you if your heating system isn’t working properly. To avoid a breakdown, it’s best to call professionals to diagnose any potential issues.
J.C.’s Heating and Air is here to help you with your residential, commercial, and industrial heating needs. Our top priority is to create a healthy and comfortable home for your family. J.C.’s Heating and Air has the ability to provide you with a safe and secure home before, during, and after installation.
Are you looking to ensure that your furnace and air conditioner run as efficiently as possible? Are you looking to reduce your electric bill? Do you want to improve your home’s air quality? Contact us today if you have answered “Yes” to any questions above!
To assess your heating needs, you can schedule an appointment with one of our skilled technicians. Call J.C.’s Heating and Air today to get started.
J.C.’s Heating and Air
3709 N Broadway
Knoxville, TN 37917